Saturday, September 5, 2009

Back to School Challenge at Simply Scrapping

Simply Scrapping is hosting a Back to School challenge from now through Sept. 20, and since it was open to design team members as well....I just HAD to do it! The challenge was to use a specific list of items including a shoelace, a paperclip, a recycled item, the word 'school' in chipboard, 3 buttons, a brad, a rubon and something round...and use the colors red, yellow, white and black. It was tough, but i managed to put it all together! I'm actually quite pleased with it, even though i now need new shoe-laces...LOL!


I had to share how I made my recycled item...I used a beer can! I cut it open, flattened it out, and cut out flowers using my cuttlebug. Then....i embossed the aluminum flowers, and colored them with alcohol inks. Who knew there was another use for my beercans??


So, if you still haven't joined Simply Scrapping, what are you waiting for??? Head over right now and sign up!!!!! Thanks for stopping by!
~tracey

1 comment:

  1. This rocks Tracey!! I love how you recycled the beer cans!! I never would have thought! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You have made me smile today!