Sunday, March 25, 2012

the Notebook



I just watched this movie for the second time ever last night....yes...I'm a woman and I've only seen this movie TWICE! The first time I watched it, I didn't even get into it. I think I was in a different place back then. Lately, things have been different. I've been wearing my heart on my sleeve, and seeing things differently. So when I popped this movie back in....wow. What a difference. It truly touched me. Alot! I'm very glad that I own it....because I will probably watch it a few more times in the near future. There is a specific scene that really spoke to me....hit home. Im sure anyone who has seen this knows it. I was looking for a graphic with a good representation of the quote, but I can't find one. I think I will put it into my artwork, give it a proper representation, one that I find perfect for it. The quote is the one where Noah is asking Allie to stay with him. She is ready to leave again....she wants him so badly, wants to stay with him, but is trying to please everyone else.

Noah says to her:
Would you stop thinking about what everyone wants? Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do YOU want? What do you WANT?

YES! I think people overanalyze stuff sooo much all the time. Try to do the right thing for this and that and the other and dont' do what they really want to do. This is a problem I think. A big one. I think more people would be happy if they did what they really wanted to do.

I've had my sketch book out all day, writing and designing. Some stuff based on the movie, some based on other recent events. Hoping to make it to my craft table soon....easier said than done. Let me just say, sometimes it doesn't pay to wear your heart on your sleeve. I'm debating building a brick wall reinforced with steel for mine actually....we'll see...haven't started construction just yet....

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this movie. It was on ABC Family earlier today. Cried my eyes out. Now I am watching The Blind Side. What is with all of the sappy movies today??

    Anyway, I can't wait to see what you do with the movie inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You have made me smile today!