Monday, November 4, 2013

'Tis the Season!

.....to make Christmas cards!!!

Last year, with all my life changes, I didn't get to make Christmas cards, and it was sad :(    This year, I want to mail handmade cards to everyone!!!  AND, I want them all to be different!
Seems like everytime it gets close to the holidays, I find myself buying Christmas stamps.....I have bought SO MANY over the years....and do you know how many are still UN-INKED!  Anyone else have this sickness like I do?   You see a stampset, think....'oh! that will be perfect for my christmas cards!'   and buy it. and it sits....
yep.
So I have vowed this year to do my BEST.....to put ink on all those poor sad un-inked Christmas stamps! 
Ready?
Because here is the first card.  It is for the current MUSE challenge I saw today and knew the PERFECT UNUSED stamp for it!   I got this stamp (the text on the bottom of the card) from Close to my Heart YEARS ago when I was a consultant. Never used until now!


image

Here is the MUSE card by Laurie Willison
I chose to use the layout of the card to the best of my abilities. 

So....if you are like me and have a million un-inked Christmas stamps.....use them! and blog about it! how fun eh?! let me know if you are up for the challenge ;)  I've got a bunch more cards to blog tonight, so hold on! more to come!
~tracey
:

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous interpretation of the Muse challenge Tracey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the text used as that portion of the Muse - this is really fun and festive! Thanks for joining us at Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracey, SUPER job! And no pressure either, if that stack isn't quite there, send out the closest immediate FAM, then start a stack for next year!!! Yes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your gorgeous card & yes I have a christmas stamp addiction too LOL xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love how you have used the layout

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an elegant card, I love how you have created the wording along the base, fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the elegant deer and such a great design.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You have made me smile today!