Sunday, January 30, 2011

Fly

fly

DSCN9623

About a week ago I was blog-hopping all of my crafty friends blogs, and I found a post on Kristy's blog about picking your one word for 2011, and scrapping it. I really like this idea, especially since late last year, I had started to make some changes in my life. It was pretty easy for me to come up with my word, which is 'fly'. My layout says 'spread your wings and fly'. This is exactly what I intend to do this year. 2010 was a year of great loss in my life, in many ways. Not only did I lose 2 of my grandparents, but turns out, I had been surrounding myself with so much negativity, I was drowning in it. It was all around me, everywhere. I woke up. And now I am putting my wings on and flying away from it all ;) I haven't broken completely free, not by a longshot, but I now know I am strong enough to fly, fly away. Nothing is stopping me, except for me! And I'm not going to hold myself back anymore!
So there is the premise for my word for 2011....FLY!
Now y'all know I made this layout with a few challenges in mind too right??? Wouldnt' be me if I didn't ;) There are two challenges this is for. One is the Outlawz color challenge, colors are orange, cream and gray. ANother is for Artistic Papercrafting Sketch challenge. Jill got permission from this fabulous blog called Creative Scrappers to use their sketches for our challenges (since none of us are talented enough to make our own sketches lol!)
** and i almost forgot! i had stared at the inspiration collage over at Nerdy Victorious Scrapbookers FOREVER! this layout is also my take on their collage. I used the same collage format, and covered it with butterflies!**
So there you have it. Thanks for visiting my blog today ;)
Tracey

5 comments:

  1. Great word Tr! Perfect for your year! Love the fun and embossing on your lo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hun this is perfect know exactly were you are coming from too hun what an amazing layout,just stunning,hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heyyy....left you some love on my bloggy:)

    I LOVE this layout, it is simply stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great word and fabulous layout... it's beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woot! i remembered you said you wanted to play along, and i'm glad you did! this is a beautiful page, T! you definitely should scrap more photos of your lovely self! thanks for joining us Nerdy Girls! :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You have made me smile today!